Now that things are much more open around Michigan, here is information to consider when traveling to the Petoskey Area.
- On October 29, the MDHSS moved the Traverse City region (which includes the Petoskey Area) back to Stage 4 with the rest of the state. Still individuals are required to wear a face covering whenever they are in an indoor public space or in crowded where social distancing is not possible. Limitations have also been added to the number of people allowed to gather. See whole Government document HERE.
- 6 foot distancing between non-related people should be observed at all times.
- As of Nov 18, 2020 places of amusement are closed by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. This order is in effect until December 8, 2020.
- As of now, many restaurants are offering takeout and curbside service.
- Retail is limited to 50% occupancy.
- Not all businesses are open – We suggest calling most anywhere in advance to confirm hours, as some businesses have modified their open times or are not taking walk-in business. Certain sections and amenities at many businesses may still be closed.
- Our lodging properties are open and have updated their cleaning practices and employee health screening. We have asked all of our members at minimum, abide by the standards of the American Hotel and Lodging Association.
- Due to COVID-19 safety measures, pools, hot tubs, breakfast buffets and other amenities normally offered at lodging properties may be modified or not offered at all. Check on details when making a reservation.
- Please be patient. Our small communities are doing their best to make your visit here a pleasant experience. We are all in this together!
- Looking to plan ahead for later this year? Check out our area lodging page.
We will keep this page updated until we feel it’s the right time to take it down. We look forward to seeing you!
Updated: November 15, 2020
Please select the communities below for more information on safe practices in these areas while visiting.